Saturday, November 29, 2014

Spinning and Maleficent

This morning, a miracle occurred and I woke up on time to go to spin (I tend to oversleep for absolutely everything haha). I rolled out of bed and met my parents at the gym, and after a bit of running around, finally found the new spin room.

I wish I took pictures, the new setup is so nice! It feels way roomier and it didn't overheat like it normally does with so many of us in there. It was a 60 minute class instead of a 45 minute like I thought, and it kicked my trash. A little over 40 minutes in and I almost got sick, so I dialed it back a notch because I wanted to finish strong.

I actually tried to take a picture on the bike for the blog, but then I tipped off my bike and I was a bit embarrassed so I just walked out after the cooldown.


Of my qualities, grace is not one of them ;)

When I got home I refueled with some cookie dough hummus and apples. It sounds gross, but I promise it's super good :)



I don't have the original recipe, but I just added a can of drained and rinsed chickpeas, a little under 1/4 cup of peanut butter, a tablespoon of vegetable oil, some agave nectar, a sprinkle of raw sugar, and a splash of coconut milk and blended it in my food processor, then stirred in chocolate chips. I love it because it satisfies my sweet tooth, but it also packs in a good dose of protein and fiber :)

A little while later my boyfriend came over, and we went into town to do some Christmas shopping. I didn't get as much done as I planned on, but I knocked out stuff for 3 people so it was a success :)


Afterwards we went back to my house and watched Maleficent. If you've never seen it, I highly highly recommend it! It was a really great twist on the story, and I was almost in tears a couple of times. Definitely watch it :)

What was your workout today?

What's your favorite Disney movie?
For me it's a tie between Aladdin and Hercules :)


2 comments:

  1. I used to spin all the time! Great workout. Now, it aggravates my IT band. But I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just watched that this week and I really enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete